My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Friday, March 17, 2006

The Three P Philosophers:

I like these guys. Google 'em to sharpen your iron and - who knows - you may learn more about my core inspirations than is prudent.
(I DOUBLE-DOG-DARE YOU...) What books are under YOUR bed?


That Math Dude PYTHAGORAS (582BC - 507BC):

"It is only necessary to make war with five things; with the maladies of the body, the ignorances of the mind, with the passions of the body, with the seditions of the city and the discords of families."
"Every man has been made by God in order to acquire knowledge and contemplate."
"Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please."


That French Guy BLAISE PASCAL (1623 - 1662):

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction."
"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
"I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room."


That Cool American THOMAS PAINE (1737 - 1809):

"When my country, into which I had just set my foot, was set on fire about my ears, it was time to stir. It was time for every man to stir."
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
"Such is the irresistible nature of truth that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."

4 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Those are some good quotes.

...the cheerful evil...sounds like the next horror flick.

I don't know if I have ever said anything intelligent in my life...compared to those thoughts.

(please, I don't need people to agree with that last statement.)

3:27 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

I'll always remember the band:
"Rage Against the Korn Biskit"
priceless!

4:37 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Yes, that was a good one!

8:36 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

I like Pascal's quotes the best I think.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home