My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Friday, August 26, 2005

An outing with the chicos!



We were invited to go to a Christian Concert. We were the only people from the U.S. Our friends and their families were from Argentina, and everyone at the concert spoke Spanish. I was one of two drivers. I had three boys and Roamer in the van, following the other van with the girls and Danny up a winding road about 50 kilometres into the mountains. At the top of the mountain was a little restaurant. The concert was to begin at 9:30 in back of the building on an old tennis court with a truly amazing view of the towns below.

The music was pure rock and roll and lasted about 6 hours.

It was cold because of the altitude. Roamer and I were only in T-shirts, sitting on a rock wall. The music was all about God. Young people danced, old people tapped their feet and even mothers rocked out with their baby-strollers. The primary band was from Argentina, and our friends knew them. The band was called "Rescate" (Rescue). Here is their website:

http://www.rescategospel.com.ar/

At around 2 a.m. the wind and rain came. They had to call the rest of the concert because of the electronic equipment and the possibility of water damage. Everyone was bummed. Then the wind picked up and the rain started blowing. Our group sheltered under a blue tarp and moved to the two vans like a giant blue turtle. On the way down the mountain in the rain. The boys in back sang loud and mournfully along with a live Rescate CD. Good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Great pics! Rock-n-roll! For some reason I thought "chico" was a derogative term. Maybe I was wrong. Now that I think of it, a friend from college called me chica all the time. She was from New York.

11:38 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

2AM? That sounds like my kind of concert.

1:24 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Yes, I like that! The crowd is bummed when they have to stop because of rain at 2 am. My kind of concert too!

5:40 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

(whistle)!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home