My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Maybe you will see the sun.

It is just after noon here on a Saturday. Most of you should still be asleep in Kansas. If you are not, I hope you are praying this morning at 5:30am. Let me tell you about the Sun so far. I don't see it, but I know it is here because misty clouds do not give off this much light by themselves. This weather is comforting none-the-less and wooly in the way it guides a person to a state of warm tranquility.



My mother bought my father a terry-cloth bathrobe a couple of years ago. She got them for $10 a piece because they were all XXXL. One was a blackwatch pattern. My Dad looked like a wizard in it. He gave it to me. If you don't have one... go out and buy a XXXL terrycloth bathrobe this very moment (there is still enough winter left!) Walking up and down the staircases past the moody wind breathing through the windows this morning makes me feel secure. I like these kind of mornings. The hauntings are at a safe distance, but you can see them if you look on the horizon. Here inside is a tranquility beside the storm, like falling asleep in the backseat of the car as a kid, lulled by odd reflections from streetlights creating heiroglyphs and patterns on the back of the driver's seat. Guess where you are through half-closed eyes.

5 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

KC has the misty clouds with no visible sun today too. I like staying indoors wrapped up on days like this.

12:59 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

With a terrycloth robe that large you can probably share with someone - I better not go there before the "brokeback" jokes start flying.

4:02 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

ooooooooooeeeeeee!

11:39 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Didn't the guys tease you about being Gandalf on the camping hike? Sounds like you have a great Gandalf robe to wear.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Achtung BB said...

You just can't beat that cool dark weather. Sure beats the heat. I think we've had that discussion before

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home