My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

gypsy prostitutes

There is a gypsy camp by my house. It is ramshackle. Plastic tarps and wooden palettes adorn the rickety eclectic structures that hide beneath. Children's clothing dries from twine that stretch over chunks of mud and standing water. Fires burn there at night. Across from the road is an industrial park where the young girls sit on old tar-roofing cans, warming themselves by their own small fires fueled by chunks of plywood and dried brush. They wait for truck drivers. I still cannot find a tire gauge for my bicycle. I've looked everywhere in my stuff and in every aisle of every autoparts store. A bright star greets me in the mornings. The sun also rises over the dusty slopes a klick away in the east. Every morning it shines a multi-hued fire in our home. My eyes hurt to look at the bright white walls.

6 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Yeah! He is back and in stunning form. I hope things are going well. Keep it up.

Once when I was in Barcelona, I need to find a glue-stick. Vernal in her college spanish asked around for a craft store, but the streets are the kind where directions are not easy and you love to get lost in. We were walking not knowing where we were going (not lost)-just enjoying the chaos that made their streets- and we happened upon a craft store and I found my glue stick. I hope you find that tire gage.

6:21 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

I was going to say that I was starting to forget Dar's imagery.

"They wait for truck drivers. I still cannot find a tire gauge for my bicycle. I've looked everywhere in my stuff and in every aisle of every autoparts store."

In haiku form:

Wait for truck drivers
I still cannot find a tire gauge
I looked everywhere

7:00 PM  
Blogger T said...

welcome back! Hope to see more of you online! YAY!

7:03 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

Where can I buy one of them anonymous ID pictures?

9:42 AM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Great descriptions! We have missed you and Roaming. Nice to hear from you.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Dash said...

... the sun also rises ...

good to have you back!!! sorry it took me so long to catch on. Check out the Bab5 link I included in Dust's Red Dwarf post.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home