My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Developing the 2 thoughts:

I think the fighting part is like the missions endeavor - not the fast part, but the slow part - It's kind of a metaphor for the spiritual struggle Roamer and I are engaged in. I've never been slashed at in the physical world (although I pulled a knife on big old PFC Lewers when he sat on my cot with me asleep onit one time!!!... I digress) The 2nd part about the drink kinda relates to the first thought about being tired, but always having enough energy to continue the pace. The thought came to me Wednesday night while P.Doug was teaching about God, how we relate to Him, and our expectations.

I always get happy when I realize I've put God in a box, because that means He's bigger than my understanding, and able to supply beyond me. That experience of having Him lift the lid of the box and letting the Holy Ghost settle in is like a cold drink, or a cool breeze...I don't know if I articulate this well: sometimes I script God and His lines into my life - and then I get tired, and in a moment of clarity I realize that God's creative ability is vast and inexhaustible. The "drink" comparison was a fast sentence that wasn't communicated clearly. I have a bad habit of being vague & cute when I blog, and a strange attraction to imperfect metaphor - which doesn't always work like I intend.....
(time for me to poop now)

5 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

I knew it was a metaphor!

I have realized that any time I get any conception of God that is when I have "put Him in a box" just due to the fact that God is beyond my conceptions. I wonder if God made me so that I would exhaust easily so that I would better understand what you are describing. Every aspect of God is inexhaustive, from creativity, to mercy, to reality.

6:11 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

You communicated clearly; I understood what you meant by "there is so much more to drink in."

Keep writing the way you write.

6:19 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

A friend and I used to laugh at the phrase "putting God in a box." We thought it was being overused at the time. This was around 1997.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

In my world about that time, the phrase "can't put God in a box" was used to explain laughing, jumping, barking, and howling in the spirit.

8:48 PM  
Blogger T said...

For the record, my comment on the other blog was just for fun, I got what you were meaning.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home