My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Running my butt off...

I run to stay sane. Actually, I run to get ahead of many thoughts. Today I ran around a little track for awhile. I listen to inspiring (not really "inspirational") music on my little headphones, or even military cadences. I stopped listening to military cadences recently because they kept going through my head over and over and over: here's a little sample...

"My daddy was a terrorist my momma was a witch"...(you repeat the call here)
"conceived in a backseat and born in a ditch"...(repeat again here and so on)
"raised from a gutter by a wino named Bill"...(yes repeat here)
"he taught me how to cheat and he taught me how to kill"...(and here again)
"ran with a streetgang wore a leather coat"...(and repeat here)
"late at night we prayed to the goat"...(here again)
"snuck into the army when I was just ten"...(come one you can do it)
"made my fist jump in a howlin' wind"...(repeat louder)
"now I gotta' a dog his name is Jack"...(repeat)
"ya throw him a stick he won't bring it back"...(repeat)
"Jack has better things to do"...(repeat)
"ya see old Jack is Airborne too"...(repeat)
"Jack be nimble & Jack be hard"...(repeat)
"not a soul for miles comes near my yard"...(repeat)
"when old Jack was just a pup"...(repeat)
"we made him a 'chute and we took him up"...(repeat)
"in the door there was no doubt"...(repeat)
"he was waggin' his tail when he went out"...(repeat)
"the wind was howlin' and the sky was black"...(repeat)
"but I was not concerned for Jack"...(repeat)
"cause we jumped into a fire-fight"...(repeat)
"he got confirmed five kills that night"...(repeat)
"cause he's Airborne (airborne!)
"All the Way (all the Way!)
"Airborne! (Airborne!)
"Everyday! (Everyday!)
"Roll on Roll on Yeah! (roll on roll on yeah)
"Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' shake your booty (rollin rollin rollin shake your bootay!)
"Roll on Roll on Yeah! (roll on roll on yeah)
"Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' shake your booty (rollin rollin rollin shake your bootay!)
"Captain said we're goin' to Iraq"...(repeat)
"I jumped up and grabbed my rucksack"...(repeat)
"donned my 'chute and I boarded the plane"...(repeat)
"82nd Airborne playin' the game"...(repeat)
"low over Baghdad green light on"...(repeat)
"combat jump at the break of dawn"...(repeat)
"Republican Guard dug in the sand"...(repeat)
"and we gonna' send 'em to the promised land"...(repeat)
"Airborne Rangers in their masses"...(repeat)
"just like witches at their blackmasses"...(repeat)
"minds that plot raining destruction"...(repeat)
"sorcerer's of death our construction"...(repeat)
"come on shake your yo yo"... (come on shake your yo yo)
"yo yo like me"...(yo yo like me)
"come on shake your yo yo"... (and it goes ON & ON & ON & ON & ON.............)

Sometimes when my batteries run low I pray. (When I'm running I can tell God anything.)

8 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

If that's a sample, how long is the real thing? :)

Also, where would a person find military cadences?

5:01 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

you can buy them online at Amazon: Military Cadence CDs. All branches to choose from. Some people put them on and clean the house with them.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jadee said...

Thanks for the enlightenment....now I know what went wrong with my ex-husband! LMBO! j/k (kinda) 8-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

It sounds pretty intense. Who makes these up? Maybe you could make on up for this weekend.

3:04 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

After I posted this cadence I read it to make sure it was spelled right. It actually looks more sinister in print than it sounds when a bunch of guys are yelling it. I think the cadence is less about actually performing violence than it is about shouting mindless motivation to get a group of guys through a long run. Not all cadences are this intense. Some are even taken from jump-rope calls that you hear young girls yelling on playgrounds during recess. Cadence calling is somewhat of an art. I never called it in the Army. Usually that was for a higher ranking guy. Some could rattle off curious rhymes with the aplomb of an auctioneer, while others sounded like white guys trying to rap for the first time. Once you get the right temp and the yell (repeat) yell (repeat) thing going, you can make a cadence from just about anything:

My Commander's name is Chad (repeat)
When he's playin' poker he's not too bad (repeat)
His wife Tonya plays poker too! (repeat)
But if you beat her she'll smack with her shoe (repeat)
Cause their hardcore (hardcore)
fit to fight (fit to fight)
Playin' cards (playing cards)
all night (all night)
etc...*

*chad & tonya are ficticious names from a book I read....

4:06 PM  
Blogger T said...

hey now....a shoe? I had a good time both times I lost! Trash talk...something my brother-in-law felt obligated to educate me on! Love those Big Brothers! But for real, it was a humble experience to see what it was like to watch other people battle it out :-), had to happen sometime!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of the all time best running cadences!!! It's kinda sad civilians are getting butt hurt over it.

2:42 PM  
Blogger postman said...

what’s the name of this cadence?

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home