My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Camping Secrets

I may have recovered from the camping trip with the men. I did get in trouble for falling asleep at 9:15pm on the evening of our 17th anniversary, but Roamer kept me full of caffeine the next day. The weekend camping trip was like an extended Mega-Thursday night at Homer’s coffee – with sausages and marshmallows! As the fire burned brightly, topics covered included: secrets about our wives – star trek – local church politics – star wars – what a volvo is – Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – all you never wanted to know about vasectomies – last star wars guys night out - what girl’s names are cool for BBs new daughter… then I performed a magic trick of sprinkling instant coffee from my fingers into the fire. The flames were supposed to shoot up and make everyone go “wow” but the powdered coffee was sticky and everyone was starin’ at me when the magic failed to materialize. I was thereafter known as Gandalf. Later, as the fire died down, we clambered into the tent and made jokes about spooning and sang love songs we remembered from the 80s. I missed Roamer, but I missed the carefree time with the boys the next couple of days (although I still have disturbing flashes of Forrest checking himself for ticks wearing nothing but a sock.) The next day, all the other guys got to pick what LOTR character they wanted to be on the hike, but I had to walk in back like Gandalf while Dust got to be Legolas. But he was very sprightly across the creeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

Being a wise wizard is not always a bad thing. There can be negative connotations as an elf too. Especially when you are the kind that does a lot of prancing.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dust,
I want to see you in the Nutcracker this Christmas. Start practicing!

12:13 AM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

I think it is funny that you all noticed my husband's skill of leaping. His motivation of not getting muddy or dirty fuels this skill. In college, Mr. Dust would walk extremely fast but yet still having perfect posture with his back. It was quite a sight to see.

4:35 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Believe me, It was a site to see. We were all behind him, I think he wanted it that way. Remember his post about his butt being to big? I think he wanted everyone to take notice of his butt and give him words of affirmation.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home