My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

a literary warning...

Roamer just finished reading "It's Not About the Tapas" which is travel narrative about Spain. Polly Evans, the British author, recounts her experiences traveling by bicycle through the small mountain villages and hot, dusty plains. Polly meets all sorts of shady characters and throws some lurid history of each town into the mix. The book is due back at the central library soon. I'm about midway through the book myself. It's an engaging read. However, if you feel inclined to check this book out and read it yourself, don't lick the tip of your finger to turn the pages. I knocked the book into the toilet (quite by accident) and, if you find the little book a bit fluffy around the pages, that's because I used Roamer's hair dryer to dry them out.

5 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

I think the key question is how the book got into a position where it could be knocked into the toilet so easily.

10:32 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

I am reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George uses the restroom at a bookstore and takes one of the books in there. The employee sees him take the book to the restroom and makes him pay for it. The book is forever "red flagged" and he cannot return it or donate it to charity.

The library doesn't have rules about taking books into the restroom do they?

11:27 PM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

I knocked it off the Kleenex box with my arm as I was putting the seat down. I remember the Seinfeld episode. Perhaps the library could have a special display of books dunked in porcelain. In fact, if you ever see a book with fluffy pages, it has either been dunked in the toilet, the tub, the pool or the rain. I wonder which is more common?

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing it was not the Koran

5:36 PM  
Blogger T said...

my vote...tub

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home