My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

An Awful Sting

Saturday I looked at a spilled splotch of water on our kitchen counter. Engaging in a bit of amateur augery, I divined an amazing image of a Scorpion poised to strike. Knowing that I couldn't sell my kitchen counter on Ebay, I wiped it up. I went to the main library branch Sunday afternoon and was startled to see a 10 foot by 10 foot painting of said Scorpion in the entryway, on temporary display behind the security desk. Last night I dreamed of two black scorpions, one large and one smaller that were both equally aggressive and needed to be caught. I couldn't catch them. (scrabble scrabble scrabble)

2 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Back in the mid-90's, remember when that computer generated 3-d art was popular. The kind where you had to stare at it forever, cross your eyes and wait for it to allow you in on its little secret and then when you saw the image, you did not want to let go for fear you may never find it again. Well, my roomate had one that was of two scorpions fighting.
That was awesome! (in the words of chris farley.)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Dash said...

I always thought those were "Where's Waldo" pictures - no wonder I'm still not comfortable in red and white stripes ... I must be subconsciously seeing those scorpions.

I'm Free !!

Now I can finaly get a job as a department store Santa (since I meet all the other qualifications)

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home