My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Dulcinea

We got a new dog from the Spanish Doggy Prison. There was quite a variety of dogs there. I picked the one that seemed most out of place in prison, was the youngest, and had a healthy innocence. I also opted for a female. Dulcinea fit the profile.



"Dulcinea" is a name borrowed from Don Quixote. The author of Don Quixote, Cervantes, lived in our town here 500 years ago. The name translates as "sweetness" it works with her doggy prison name "Trufa" which means sweet chocolate. HA! I like her paw coloring. I was also drawn to her hair. It is not "fur" because it feels like an old black wig that was found under an old box, or perhaps a sorority girl's "poof-doo" after too much hairspray and a 48 hour binge in Tijuana. Endearing - what can I say?



She is a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing her and playing with her in the back yard. Plainly speaking, I need a little creature to hug and harrass. Dulcinea also growls at strangers that come to the door. Even if they are Romanian kidnappers!

9 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

How cute, you adopted an ewok! She looks like the perfect wingod dog. Let us know about your one armed olympics and nick names.

7:17 PM  
Blogger roamingwriter said...

We are so excited to have Dulce! She is a real sweetie. She really seems to want to please us. What fun to have a cute little critter again.

8:40 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

I was going to say that she looks like the perfect dog.

My modification:
"Dulcinea also growls at strangers that come to the door. Especially if they are Romanian kidnappers!"

5:28 AM  
Blogger T said...

She looks like she'll fit right in! It's nice to have a little creature to love and to be loved by! :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Dulcinea is a neat name. I like her fur around her face. Congratulations on your bundle of joy!

3:40 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Golden, I have a "bundle of joy" that I am willing to give away for free. Her name is Molly.

Interested?

6:23 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Forrest, I think Verna might have a problem with you giving her sweet Molly away. : )

No more pets for me until our child is older.

9:46 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

DARN!!!

I'm playing tough, but I am a softie inside.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Achtung BB said...

You come up with some pretty cool names for your pets

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home