My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Hueros, Spain

"Ye have been bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."--I COR. vii. 23.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I never thought about it.

Roamer and I were sitting on the couch recently. She was browsing through an English magazine. I glanced over and noticed the article was about make-up. She asked me which color combination of nail-polish and lipstick I would choose - not for her but for me. I mentally went over the make-up hues that I know of. I knew there was warm colors and cool colors and bright colors and wait a SECOND! "This it too hard to think about! I don't want to think about choosing colors that will attract GUYS! YUCK!" I said. "You don't pick colors to attract guys," she said. "Why do you wear it then?" I asked. "Because we may just want to look good for ourselves," she replied, and the topic ended. But the more I thought about it the more confused I became. So I ask all of you who wear make-up and those who do not... WHATZ IT FOR?

9 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

Yeah, that surprised me as well when I found that out. It's all about self esteem, though, I think. That and others' opinion of you (which goes back to self esteem).

4:41 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

When I put make-up on, it's because I am going to a Zombie Dance Party and I want to look my part.

4:53 PM  
Blogger T said...

Well, from a girls perspective, anytime you do something that makes you feel like you took time for yourself--your self esteem rises. I supose that would make you more attractive to men as well. So maybe it's a little bit of both?

6:13 PM  
Blogger T said...

Of course, my statement was coming from a woman who's husband says "less is more" and when I say I'm going to put make up before we go out for him--quickly lets me know that it's for me not him...that I'm beautiful just the way I am! (And dust thinks that women make up the story book prince! :))

6:15 PM  
Blogger roamingwriter said...

I was never very girly, but as I'm getting older I do more girly things. I am finding that taking time to i.e. paint my toenails, while somewhat of a hassle has the side benefit of feeling that you took good care of yourself, and besides your feet look nice in sandles. I do find it disturbing that more of that is creeping in without my realizing it...where's the tom boy I once was?

10:26 PM  
Blogger T said...

I completely understand what you mean Roamin'! This year I had my first peticure! Now I bought a Mary Kay peticure set from Jadee and give myself them at home! :) I was thinking about it last night as I did it...I am changing! But my feet appreciate the change, so I guess that's a good thing!

11:05 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Yep, it's all about feeling good about yourself.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Dash said...

Other than the "Mime Days" - I've managed to avoid makeup.

4:43 AM  
Blogger windarkwingod said...

yeah... Mime Days: "...!..?...! :-).....!!...?...:-("

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home